Is that a fire in your pants.....


pants on fireA 13 year old girl in Maine sat down in class, heard a pop­ping sound from the back pocket and noticed smoke bil­low­ing from her behind!  Her iPhone had some­how caught on fire and she suf­fered first– and second-degree burns!   She was later treated and released from the hos­pi­tal.  Fire offi­cials spec­u­late that the phone’s bat­tery “shorted out” when the girl sat down.

Safety mech­a­nisms failed hor­rif­i­cally when a woman was stran­gled after she became caught in an esca­la­tor at a Mon­treal sub­way sta­tion! A  police spokesman said, “The woman’s scarf got caught in the esca­la­tor and then she bent down to try to get it out and her hair got stuck, too!  It’s not clear whether any­body pressed the emer­gency stop but­ton after the woman became trapped.  A spokesman for Montreal’s ambu­lance ser­vice says the 48-year-old woman’s death is like noth­ing else he’s seen in his 30-year career.

A Florida man who was on his way home from tak­ing a gun safety class showed that he learned absolutely noth­ing. Police say Eric Mork­ert was dri­ving home from the class when he pulled over to exam­ine his new gun. That’s when the gun fired off a round that hit him in the leg. Morkert was treated at a nearby hos­pi­tal and is expected to be OK. How­ever, police wisely decided that it would be best to take away his gun.

Audio clip: Adobe Flash Player (version 9 or above) is required to play this audio clip. Download the latest version here. You also need to have JavaScript enabled in your browser.

Unknown source