Monday 8/20

A 24-year-old con­struc­tion worker sur­vived after a 6-foot metal bar fell from above and pierc­ing his head! The bar fell from the fifth floor of a build­ing under con­struc­tion, went through Eduardo Leite’s hard hat, entered the back of his skull and exited between his eyes! Ruy Mon­teiro, the hospital’s head of neu­ro­surgery, said Leite escaped by just a few cen­time­ters from los­ing one eye and becom­ing par­a­lyzed on the left side of his body!   Luiz Alexan­dre Essinger, chief of staff at Rio de Janeiro’s Miguel Couto Hos­pi­tal, said doc­tors suc­cess­fully with­drew the iron bar from Eduardo Leite’s skull dur­ing a five-hour surgery where his skull was opened, they exam­ined the brain and the sur­geon decided to pull the metal bar out from the front in the same direc­tion it entered the brain

A Mary­land man was arrested after break­ing into a home and cook­ing him­self a chicken pot pie – but not before mak­ing an appe­tizer of the tele­vi­sion remote con­trol, which he was spot­ted lick­ing while wear­ing noth­ing but his tighty-whities. Rus­sell Neff didn’t wait for the home­own­ers to leave before going on his odd­ball spree, instead bang­ing on the door until he man­aged to get in and chase the res­i­dents upstairs. Once he thought he was alone, Neff stripped down and rum­maged through the freezer, set­tling on a chicken pot pie and grab­bing the remote, which also went into his mouth. Neff resisted arrest, but was sub­dued and charged with bur­glary, theft of a chicken pot pie and mali­cious destruc­tion of property.

Florida police said they arrested a mother who allegedly for­got her 3-year-old son at a store and didn’t return for him for about an hour. Fort Pierce police said a clerk found the 3-year-old cry­ing and ask­ing for his “mommy” at Deal’s Dol­lar Tree but the child was unable to remem­ber his mother’s last name and calls over the pub­lic address sys­tem failed to get a response. Inves­ti­ga­tors said the mother returned at 9:44 p.m., about an hour after the child was found, with the boy’s grand­mother.  “She said she thought he was in the vehi­cle at the time she left the store,” the police report said of the mother. “But couldn’t find him when they got home.“The mother, who police said seemed con­fused, was unable to offer any expla­na­tion for why it took her an hour to return to the store.  Phil­leana Peak, 30, was arrested on charges of child neglect and pos­ses­sion of mar­i­juana. She was taken to the St. Lucie County Jail with bail set at $6,250.Police said the child was released into the cus­tody of his grand­mother and the Florida Depart­ment of Chil­dren and Fam­i­lies has been notified.

Audio clip: Adobe Flash Player (version 9 or above) is required to play this audio clip. Download the latest version here. You also need to have JavaScript enabled in your browser.

Unknown source