A Wisconsin woman Lois Matykowski’s lost her diamond wedding ring six years ago and never found it despite looking everywhere she could think of. Unfortunately, she never thought of looking in her dog’s stomach, because her 10-year-old Rottweiler mix, Tucker, recently became sick after swallowing a Popsicle stick. After a visit to the vet and some pooping and vomiting – vola! As Lois was cleaning up the mess, there it was – her gold diamond ring. It sat in Tucker’s stomach for six years! The vet believes the Popsicle stick he had swallowed likely dislodged the ring. The ring has since been cleaned up and is back on Lois’ finger.
A British woman who was hoping to have a bite of cheese got quite a surprise when she picked up a piece that had quite a bite of its own – thanks to a tooth that she found lodged in the chunk. Jane Betts says she was initially freaked out because she had just been to the dentist the day before, and thought it might have been one of her own – but found that her molars were all intact. She says, “My dentist said it was definitely a piece of dental work from someone’s tooth, and it definitely wasn’t from any of my teeth. He also said the main risk would be from bacteria, but that was not that great ‘in a dry environment.’ I pointed out that it had been in cheese – which is a good home for bacteria to thrive.”
A Michigan man got a little too plowed over the weekend and ended up getting busted for drunk driving. The 43-year-old man, whose name was not released, was found by cops after witnesses reported that he’d crashed his snow machine into a tree on an alley near his home. He was driving the snowmobile at a high rate of speed at the time of the accident, and needed to be transported to a hospital for treatment of injuries – presumably not including frostbite. Blood drawn from the man at the E.R. revealed that he was well over the legal limit for driving anything – which could result in serious penalties, since it’s his third DUI bust.